The Jesuitenkirche is located in the immediate vicinity of the university in the middle of Heidelberg's old town. The church was built in the Baroque style from 1712 to 1759, but the neo-Baroque tower was added 150 years later. After the abolition of the Jesuit order in 1773, the church sometimes served secular purposes, including many years as a military hospital. In 1809, the Catholic community received the church as a parish church; until then, the Catholic and Protestant communities had shared the Lutheran Heiliggeistkirche. The Jesuit Church only received its striking, bright white interior in the course of the church renovation in the mid-1950s. In 2009 the new large Kuhn organ was inaugurated, which in 2014 was joined by a choir organ in Baroque style, also built by the Swiss organ building company Kuhn.
Bus lines: 31, 32 (bus stop: Universitätsplatz)
P9 Am Theater